Monday, July 16, 2012

Think Like A Dog

Yes, that's right, think like a dog.  Now some of you may already know why I say this.  Other's may be thinking I have just lost my mind.  I am not crazy, dogs are some of the most positive creatures I have ever met. 
Dog's don't judge based on colour, creed, religion, economic or social class.  They don't judge people with disabilities, mental health issues or on anything for that matter.  As long as you treat them with loving kindness they like you.  It doesn't matter if you make a million or are living on the street, their happy to see you and accept you as you are.  A dog never tries to change their human, they just love and accept.  What a beautiful way to live.
Another reason I admire dogs is they never give up or beat them selves up.  I have watched my dog try to get up on the bed that is too high off the ground.  When he misses he doesn't stop, he doesn't say, "I can't do this."  He just keeps going, keeps trying.  As humans we let our thoughts get in the way, our negative self thinking and sometimes we give up.  If we took on the mentality of my little mutt, we would be much kinder to ourselves and never give up on our dreams.
One of the things I love most about my dog is he thinks he's fabulous.  No word of a lie, he struts, he holds his head high and I'm pretty sure he thinks he's the bomb.  Recently the boyfriend and I attempted a home groom, I say attempted.  In the end my dog looked like a Muppet with alopecia.  He was near bald all over, cut far too short except his legs that still had all their hair.  He didn't lose his confidence or charm.  There was no, loss of self-esteem, no concern that he was being laughed at, as he was.  This little guy just held his head high and greeted everyone with the same attitude as when he's perfectly groomed.  Bottom line, he thinks he is fabulous and we need to learn to feel that way about ourselves.  
Live your life as you see yourself, not how others see you.
My dog has never worried what people think of him, he only cares that you are kind to him.  If your not, he doesn't stress or worry about it.  He just moves on. I truly believe that if we all took some lessons from the dogs, we would be a lot more positive and think we are just fantastic.  Wouldn't that be great?

No comments:

Post a Comment