Monday, August 13, 2012

Affection!

See what The Dalai Lama has to say on affection. This post was inspired by an article I read on Yahoo about a woman charging $60 an hour for cuddling.  Now I'm not suggesting we pay someone to cuddle with us what I do want to point out is how important human affection is for our well being.  

While taking my Psychology B.A. I studied cases (prior to ethical rules) that proved an infant will die without human contact/affection.  So this suggests to me that human affection is very important to our soul.  We cuddle our babies, hug our children and then at a certain age that leaves our relationships. 

When was the last time you hugged someone?  Were hugged by someone?  Can't remember?  Time to ask for a hug.  Don't just randomly grab someone and hug them, make sure you have permission.  :)

I'm not going to bore you with a bunch of stats or clinical research, you can look into that if you want.  But one of the key ways to stay postive is affection.  People who hug are happier overall.  This makes sense as people who have supportive relationships are happier and healthier.  

When does hugging become uncomfortable for North American's?  It's not like that in other cultures.  A hug is supportive, caring and kind.  So find someone you love to hug today, it will lead to happier days.

No comments:

Post a Comment